How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Database name "like" filter for "Database Unavailable" alert?

Hi,

I'm very new to SQL Monitor so maybe I'm overlooking something obvious.  Our environment consists of several applications which periodically drop databases, i.e. an reporting application which seems to do its ETL in a temporarily created database name (I.e. "Phocas_Build_???") before then (I think) detaching and reattaching as it's "proper" name (i.e. kind of like a very poor man's partition switch, except at the whole database level!).

Anyway we get "Database Unavailable" alerts for those "build" databases which have been dropped.  Is there any way in SQL Monitor to filter those alerts to disregard some databases based on a "LIKE" filter (or regex etc.) against their name?

Unfortunately these DBs get dropped at various times (including sometimes during business hours outside of "normal" overnight ETL window) so a maintenance window etc. would be less than ideal.

Thanks
Peter

Best Answer

• Options
    squigleysquigley Posts: 231 Gold 1
    Answer ✓
    Hello Peter,
    Thanks for your inquiry with SQL Monitor.
    Unfortunately this isn't something that is currently possible to do within the tool, I do apologize for the inconvenience that this brings.

I would highly recommend creating a uservoice request so that the developers can see the demand for such a feature: https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?