How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Logging in as Administrator but not being "seen" as an admin?

JAshJAsh Posts: 3 New member
I'm setting up the trial of SQL Monitor in my home lab, prior to our getting it to load up at my work (FINALLY!) so I know the steps involved.  The problem I'm having is, I've got the site loaded (IIS, it's the ONLY site on the server,) I can get the login, the first login makes me set the administrator password and it all seems good.

Until I try to do anything at all.
I can't add users, I can't add servers to monitor, nothing.  Every option like that throws up the pop-up "This feature is only available to Administrators."  I've tried the steps for a forgotten administrator password, which didn't help.  I've even tried setting it up to auto-login as admin which hasn't helped either...

Suggestions, hints, help?

Thank you,
Jason A

Best Answer

• Options
    JAshJAsh Posts: 3 New member
    One of the Red Gate support folks sent me a link to grab v11.1.8.9619, which resolved the problem for me.

Now to write up an install guide for work, so we can get this deployed once our purchase goes through.

Answers

• Options
    StefanRADUStefanRADU Posts: 2 New member
    I have the same issue. I've sent an email regarding this problem but no reply. Did you find a solution?
  • Options
    StefanRADUStefanRADU Posts: 2 New member
    Got this answer "
    Apologies, this has been caused by a bug in version 11.1.7, you can work around this by running the following query on the SQL Monitor database:

EXEC settings.SetKeyValuePair @KeyName = N'AuthenticationType',
                                  @KeyValue = 1,
                                  @KeyValueType = N'NUMERIC'

or you can wait until the next version comes out and reinstall SQL Monitor then (I expect this to be out very shortly). "