Options

SQL Backup Agent Not Starting Automatically at Server Restart

Hi All,

I have 2  SQL Server Instances running on the same Windows 2016 Server. Last night when the server was restarted for a unrelated update we notices 1 of the 2 SQL Backup Agents started but the other didnt, even though they are both set to Automatic.

Digging through the event log, we have discovered that it looks like both instances are writing to the same log at start up in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 10\Server_1\SQBCoreService_log.txt".

Example of Error from logs below

Source:        SQLBackupAgent_Server_2

Service failed on start: Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 10\Server_1\SQBCoreService_log.txt".

Is there a way to easily resolve this please.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious option in settings to change this. Looking at the log type options I can see, both server instances are writing to their own unique log apart from this startup option by the looks of it

Any guidance would be appreciated

Regards

John

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi John,
    I believe that you have also submitted a support ticket for this strange error.

I am unable to replicate the fault symptoms on my test system which also has multiple instances of SQL Server installed.

I will correspond via the support ticket as we may need to request information and log files that you may not want to post onto a public forum.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com