"Open in Excel" will notify error

On SSMS18.8 the server group, When there are numbers in the result,"Open in Excel" will notify error details:"An exception occurred at the target of the call."
Tagged:

Answers

• Sorry to hear you are facing this issue, thank you for reaching out to us on this!

Please can you confirm what version of SQL Prompt you currently have installed? If you are not currently using the latest version (10.6.2), please can you update and test if you still see this issue? You can download this latest version here:  https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.6.2.18034.exe

Also, to assist me in to troubleshooting this issue, it would be greatly appreciated if you could reproduce the issue with verbose logging enabled and provide me with the resulting log file.

The below link provides information on how to enable verbose logging and finding the log location:
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp9/troubleshooting/finding-the-sql-prompt-log-files

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • JacksonJackson Posts: 5 Bronze 1

Upgrades SSMS to 18.8,I've tried every version since SQLPrompt_10.5.6.17542  ,both this error

numeric type of table fields will report an error, not string type

• Thanks for clarifying that this issue is only seen with numeric data types.

In order to help us troubleshoot this further, would you be able to reproduce the issue with verbose logging enabled and provide me with the resulting log file?

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
    Dan_J said:

Thanks for clarifying that this issue is only seen with numeric data types.

In order to help us troubleshoot this further, would you be able to reproduce the issue with verbose logging enabled and provide me with the resulting log file?

[Error] Report error dialog UI shown
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMemberException: Member 'System.Decimal.Value' not found.
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ResultsGrid.OpenInExcel.OpenInExcelController.DoFailedAction(Exception exception, OpenInExcelProgressDialog progressDialog)
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ResultsGrid.OpenInExcel.OpenInExcelController.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<DoFailedAction>b__0()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.UIThreadInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<BeginInvoke>b__1()
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.UsageReporting.ErrorReporting.ErrorReporterWithUI.Do(Action action)