Options

Feature Suggestion: show connected objects

francosidotnetfrancosidotnet Posts: 2
edited April 21, 2009 1:27PM in SQL Dependency Tracker
If I want to investigate and "drill down" using the SQL Dependency Tracker, I select an object, Select Connected Objects, Invert and Hide .. the problem comes when I want to see another tier/level of dependencies.

If object A depends on object B and object B in tern depends on object C, and I did the above with object A it will only show A and B. I think a method similar to Show Hidden to show all B's dependencies (which are currently hidden) would be very helpful. E.g.: "Show Connected Objects" (showing/unhiding all connected objects limited to one additional one tier/level) of an object.

I hope I managed to explain the suggested feature clear enough to understand. Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Regards, Francois

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and for your suggestion.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing Feature Request, whose reference is DT-509.

At this time the Feature Request is marked for review. Unfortunately I do have any further details at this time or what future version of SQL Dependency Tracker the feature will appear in.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com