How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Processor utilization alert

I've configured the processor utilization alert to raise a low priority alert when processor utilization is > 20% for more than 3600 seconds (1 hour). I have a server whose CPU is running consistently at 55% for hours on end, and I have yet to see an alert raised. Why would this not cause an alert to be raised?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @Aaron99,

From that screenshot it looks like it should be raised, but there are a couple things I can think of that might cause it not to be raising a new alert.

The first thing is to check the Alerts page to see if there is already an active Processor utilization alert for that entity.  You will want to set the filter to look for any cleared alerts that may still be active:

If there are not any already active alerts, then you can check to see if the Process Utilization alert is customized at a lower level than the All Servers level since the more specific customizations take precedence over the more general ones.

To check this, expand the hierarchy tree at the left all the way down to that machine level and see if there are any levels below the All servers level with a number in parentheses next to it like my group "1 - Production" has the (1) next to it here:

At that level then you can see if your Processor Utilization alert has <This level> in the Inherited from column.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?