How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Monitor SSIS memory usage and errors in SQL Monitor?

Hoping to find some way to more closely monitor SSIS memory usage and errors in SQL Monitor.  I'm aware of the performance counters for the "SQL Server:SSIS Pipeline" object - Buffer Memory and Buffers Spooled, etc.  I don't see an easy way to add these counters to SQL Monitor.  

Another angle is to harvest data from the various tables in the catalog schema within the SSISDB.  For example:

<div>SELECT top 100*&nbsp; From catalog.event_messages&nbsp;</div><div>where message like '%buffer manager failed%'</div><div>order by 1 desc<br></div>
Gives me failed memory allocations.  I'm considering turning this into a query that perhaps counts the # of error events in a time period so we can morph it into a custom metric, but it seems like a lot of work and not simple to get the time windowing functionality.

Any other ideas here?

Thanks!

-Peter
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

If those counters are in the sys.dm_os_performance_counters, you can add it as a custom metric and query the value.

Or use the query in your post as a custom metric.

If this does not answer your needs, I recommend submitting a suggestion via the SQL Monitor UserVoice Forum.

Many thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com