Database selection randomly changes to "master only" when server is changed

nickfotopoulosnickfotopoulos Posts: 13 Bronze 1
edited November 18, 2020 9:29PM in SQL Search
I can't figure out a rhyme or reason but sometimes when I'm searching multiple databases and switching back and forth, the database filter switched to only have 'master' selected. I often don't notice until I search for something that I know exist then realize it's been changed. I can't think of a single instance since I've been using SQL Search where I wanted to search master, must less master exclusively. Anyone else experience this and know why it happens?

EDIT: I noticed today that if I search for something and it find matched ONLY in a single database the database drop down automatically switches to have only that database selected. I change it back to Match All. Then it anytime I change servers, when I come back to that server it automatically flips back to that same database.

Example, select ServerOne and Match All in database and search for usp_ProcA. Results are displayed and usp_ProcA is only found in DatabaseTwo. The database drop down now shows DatabaseTwo selected. I now switch to ServerTwo, and change the search to look for usp_ProcB and it displays results. Database has Match All selected. Now I switch back to ServerOne, and database changes back to only having DatabaseTwo selected and it find no matching. I switch database back to Match All and it finds results matching usp_ProcB. At this point if I leave search and dropdowns unchange and just switch back to ServerTwo I see the expected results, and when I switch back to ServerOne the database selection dropdown automatically switches back to DatabaseTwo Only.

This causes me to waste almost as much time as search saves me sometimes.  Please help!

Comments