Options

MSI installer does not work properly

MarcelloMarcello Posts: 1 New member
Dear community,

hope you are safe and healthy. I am experiencing issues with MSI installation.

1. I have downloaded original installer for SQL Prompt application https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt 
2. I have extracted MSI from EXE. I have selected option to SQL Prompt should be available for MS SQL Management Studio and MS Visual studio too
3. I ran the extracted MSI + MSI using CMD with elevated admin rights. Installation went fine according to Windows 10 Event Log it finished with exit code 0 which is OK.
4. I open MS SQL Management console with expectation that the SQL Prompt action button will be there. Unfotunatelly it was not there.
5. SQL Prompt icon in Windows Start Menu is missing as well.
6. Files which should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate are missing as well too.

NOTE: When I ran the SQL Prompt EXE file then everything is working fine without any issues.

Would it be possible to provide me some hint or redirect me to some article which could help me to resolve this issue please? I really appreciate your help.

Marcel

Answers

• Options

Hello @Marcello

Thanks for reaching out. You'll need to specify ADDLOCAL=ALL in order for the install to apply to SSMS, e.g.
    msiexec.exe /i "SQL Prompt_10.x.x.x_x86.msi" ALLUSERS=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn /norestart /log output.log

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Pete Ruiz