How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Support for read-scale availability groups

| SQL Monitor supports availability groups on Windows failover clusters, but does not currently support Always On Basic Availability Groups.

I just wanted to verify that SQL Monitor does not support showing metrics for read-scale AGs. Is that correct?

If so, I wonder why it only supports AG nodes in a WSFC. 

Best Answer

• EricJenkinsEricJenkins Posts: 3 New member
    After testing it out for a few days, this does not support AGs that aren't part of a WSFC.

Very unfortunate. SQL Monitor has one of the best web UIs that I've seen. I realize you don't get all the AG metrics available in clusterless setups, but it would be nice if it supported the few metrics that are available. 

Answers

• Hello Eric,
    Thanks for your inquiry with SQL Monitor.

Unfortunately you're correct in that SQL Monitor doesn't support Always On Basic Availability Groups currently at this time. The developers have supporting this as part of the backlog for development, but we don't know the timeline for when this will be supported. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this brings.

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• EricJenkinsEricJenkins Posts: 3 New member
    edited September 26, 2020 8:43PM
    squigley said:
    Hello Eric,
    Thanks for your inquiry with SQL Monitor.

Unfortunately you're correct in that SQL Monitor doesn't support Always On Basic Availability Groups currently at this time. The developers have supporting this as part of the backlog for development, but we don't know the timeline for when this will be supported. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this brings.
    Hey squigley

Yeah, I know you don't support Basic AGs. I am talking about DBs in a read-scale AG (on SQL Server Enterprise). There are a few perf counters that are useful in clusterless AG setups. 

Thanks for the update. I'll check back in the future.