I upgraded to SQL Prompt 10.4.0.16033 in SSMS 18.6 and now table suggestions stopped working

stanielsonstanielson Posts: 1 New member
edited September 17, 2020 12:43PM in SQL Prompt
How do I re-enable table suggestions, after upgrading, only snippets are showing?
Tagged:

Answers

• Same here.

I get the error: The Target Principal Name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context.

Nothing changed other than updating SQL Prompt on SSMS 18.6

SQL Server version I'm running is SQL 2017.
  • TretliTretli Posts: 1 New member
    edited September 18, 2020 9:25AM
    I also have the same problem,
    The error I get is: 
    Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. when sql promt tries to read master db.
    I have full access to the master database
    Info: 

• SQL Server Management Studio 15.0.18338.0
    • SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) 16.100.41011.9
    • Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 15.0.19205.0
    • Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.19041.1
    • Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0 
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
    • Operating System 10.0.19041 
    • SQL Prompt: 10.4.0.16033
  • Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

The development team is investigating this issue at the moment, we'll keep you posted.

In the meanwhile, please downgrade to https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.3.10.15950.exe if necessary.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • When I click the link above and try to install, I get a message saying "A later version of this product is already installed," and the option to Continue is grayed out.  How can I downgrade?  I don't want to totally uninstall and reinstall because I'll lose all my settings, snippets, etc.  Do you have an ETA on a fix for this?  For the record, it works fine when I log onto a SQL Server with Windows auth, but I have servers not on my domain that I'm using 'sa' for, and they fail to load the master database.
  • chris_ford2020chris_ford2020 Posts: 7 Bronze 1
    edited September 18, 2020 2:02PM
    NerdGirlSteph - I had to uninstall SQL Prompt then install the file linked above. 

I did not lose my tabs, history, snippets, or settings.

To save your settings, go into Options -> Export

save your snippets by going into Snippet Manager, and seeing the path, and moving them somewhere else.

That's the safest way, I didn't do any of that. =)

• Hi @NerdGirlSteph

As @chris_ford2020 pointed out it will be necessary to uninstall SQL Prompt and then reinstall the previous version. This should not remove your snippets and settings, however you can make a backup of this by using the settings menus or by copying this folder: 

%localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10

We are working on the issue as a top priority and aim to resolve it soon.

Thanks

Owen
    Software Engineer
    SQL Prompt / SQL Search
  • Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with us!

We've just released 10.4.1 which contains the fix to the reported issue. Please upgrade and let us know if there are still any issues.

Thanks.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Thank you!  I just wanted to confirm this works for me now.