Options

Ugly Error

MikeONeillMikeONeill Posts: 131
edited March 31, 2009 6:07AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi

I just tried to layout some text and got the error attached below

I have uninstalled and rebooted re installed to no avail. I have also uninstalled some odd trials to make sure they were'nt interfering

Similarly when I try to use SQL Refactor it freezes SSMS

Any ideas , it seems to affect only the layout functionality

I have SQL 2005 SP2 , XP Sp2 VS 2008 Sp1 all installed on this PC

As add ins I have Visual Assist X , Build 1721 ( a Release Candidate) and Codesmith . But all these have co existed happily

this is the error ...

System.ApplicationException: Exception within progress task ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextView'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BB23A14B-7C61-469A-9890-A95648CED5E6}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextView.GetSelection(Int32& piAnchorLine, Int32& piAnchorCol, Int32& piEndLine, Int32& piEndCol)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Editor.VSEditorWindow.get_Selection()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(EditorWindowBase , b , c& )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(EditorWindowBase , c& , b[] )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a.Run()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Progress.TaskAggregator.Run()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.ProgressDialogue.a()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.ProgressDialogue.ShowProgress(ITaskRunner task)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(a )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.LayOutSql(EditorWindowBase editor, SqlPromptOptions options)
at b.Execute()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Commands.VSCommandControler.Exec(String CmdName, vsCommandExecOption ExecuteOption, Object& VariantIn, Object& VariantOut, Boolean& Handled)

Comments