Exception after Update to 7.1.30.11266

So I just updated to the latest version of SQL Source Control (7.1.30.11266), and am now getting this error, and Source Control is unusable.

An exception was encountered while constructing the content of this frame.  This information is also logged in "C:\Users\mcole\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppEnv\14.0\ActivityLog.xml".

Exception details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsShell5.LoadPackageWithContext(Guid& packageGuid, Int32 reason, Guid& context)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.GetPackage()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.ConstructContent()

Is there a solution to this, or can I downgrade back to 7.1.29.11028, as that version worked.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• I get the same issue. I updated my SSMS but it still wouldn't open, so I reinstalled SQL Source Control and it now works, but it's still asking me to update. Strangely it says I'm on 7.1.30 and need to update to the 7.1.30, which it has done that for a few updates now.
  • SteveMplsSteveMpls Posts: 2 New member
    Same issue here. This happened earlier in the year also. I'm rather annoyed I'm spending my morning troubleshooting a third-party tool, rather than getting actual work done.
  • SCGJohnSCGJohn Posts: 8 Bronze 2
    I had the same issue.

The Repair or Uninstall/Reinstall option took care of the problem for me rather quickly once I knew that was an option.