Options

Error message after installing new version of SQL Prompt

YongYong Posts: 4 New member
Hello

I've updated my existing SQL Prompt to the newer version today, only to find that every time I run my query in SSMS there is this error message coming up, saying 'Method not found' (see attached graph). 

Grateful if somebody can let me know if this is an issue with the version of SSMS I have (2016) or something else. I've sent the msg to Redgate and have not received a reply yet.

Thanks
Yong 

Answers

• Options
    Hi, 

I'm very sorry you are experiencing trouble with SQL Prompt. We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it. 

Could I ask if you have any other SSMS extensions installed?

Thanks

Owen
    Software Engineer
    SQL Prompt / SQL Search
  • Options
    Thank you Owen for your prompt reply - I'm glad that you are working on the issue. So it has nothing to do with SSMS version then? As I am about to update my SSMS. I don't think I have any other SSMS extensions installed.
    Regards
    Yong
  • Options
    Hi Owen 
    I realize now each time I save a script or open a saved script in SSMS, the same error message also comes up. 
    thanks
    Yong
  • Options
    Hi Owen

Just for info - I've updated my SSMS from 2016 to 2017 version. And because of this I had to uninstall SQL Prompt and then reinstall. This time, I found the same error message still comes up with the 2016 version of SSMS but has disappeared from the 2017 version of SSMS.

What a relief! 
    Thanks heaps.
    Yong
  • Options
    Hi Yong, 

I'm glad you have been able to resolve this, we have now shipped an update which should have resolved your initial problem in case. 

Thanks 

Owen
    Software Engineer
    SQL Prompt / SQL Search