Options

1.2 GDI+ Error

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited April 16, 2009 7:01PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Activity:
Using "next" to view a list of "Long Running Query" Alerts. Down to about the 5th in the list when the error occurred.

Abort Info:
SQL Response 1.2 has encountered a problem and needs to close.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on may be lost.

Technical details:

A generic error occurred in GDI+.

ExternalException

at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, SizeF layoutArea, StringFormat stringFormat)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, Int32 width)
at u.GetRowHeight(Object rowData)
at RedGate.Windows.Forms.Grids.VirtualGridControl.Grid_QueryRowHeight(Object sender, GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl.OnQueryRowHeight(GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl.ModelQueryRowHeight(Object sender, GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.OnQueryRowHeight(GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.RaiseQueryRowHeight(GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowHeightsIndexer.OnQuerySize(GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowColSizeIndexer.GetSize(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowColSizeIndexer.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.GetRowHeight(Int32 rowIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.Initialize()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.DemandInitialize()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.GetColRangeWidth(Int32 fromColIndex, Int32 toColIndex, Int32 maxSize, GridCellSizeKind sizeKind)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ColIndexToHScrollPixelPos(Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridScroll.UpdateScrollbars(Boolean bRedraw, Boolean bOnlyIfDimensionChanged)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.UpdateScrollBars()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.Refresh(Boolean fromModel)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl.Refresh(Boolean fromModel)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ModelRefreshRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.Refresh()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl.Refresh(Boolean fromModel)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.Refresh()
at RedGate.Windows.Forms.Grids.VirtualGridControl.c(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at e.FireDataSourceChanged()
at t.a(x )
at u.a(x )
at U.b(Object , EventArgs )
at RedGate.Windows.Forms.Grids.VirtualGridControl.OnSelectionChanged()
at RedGate.Windows.Forms.Grids.VirtualGridControl.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Provider_ItemIndexsFound>b__0()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at co.a()
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Hi PDinCA,

I'm sorry you are running into this error.

Would you be able to send us your Alert Repository files so we can try and recreate the issue here?

You should find them here by default on the AR machine :

[All Users]\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Response 1\Alert Repository

If you could e-mail them to support@red-gate.com referencing this forum topic we will take a look.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    From Matthew:

I have some more info on why the exception occurs which may help you skirt around it.

It was caused by trying to display a SQL Query with a line consisting of 150,000 or more characters.

I'm not sure if you know what query that is and can avoid clicking the trace info on it?

Response:
    Well, the offending query is a ridiculous one built by "standard" Community Server .Net code but it's because the way we're using the Product is "outside the norms it was designed for", so, in effect, it's a self-inflicted wound... And it's lights-out when it runs... Apparently CS2009 addresses the way we want to use the Product...

It's hard to not click the incident because there's no Database indication until I've clicked it... No worries, though, I know it happens, so I know I'll have to "recover" sometimes.
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    Could you "up" the importance of getting a fix for this, please? I just clicked on a "Blocked Process" alert, received the GDI+ Exception, and EVERY Program on my machine DIED - including Explorer.EXE (memory could not be read). So I'm dead in the water and spending some "quality time" responding to every Windows "XXX has terminated unexpectedly" dialog, and all subsequent issues...

Decide wisely...
  • Options
    The same error just happened to me with your version 1.2. I can't get information about a deadlock! :? Which is very unpleasant! Any hotfix soon??
  • Options
    I have loved your products so far! But, since I updated my
    SQL Response to version 1.2, my joy start to fade... :(
    I get this error message on a regular basis. This product in its current version does not therefore help me at all because I can't get any usefull information without being forced to close app.

Would it be possible to know if a patch is planned or if I need to uninstall and get back to version 1.1, which seemed much more stable?

Please, make this time saving tool usefull again ! :D
  • Options
    We are pleased to announce that there is hotfix available that addresses the Generic GDI+ error that was occurring.

Please contact support support@red-gate.com if have any more questions regarding this forum post.

Apologies if you have encountered this problem.
    Best Wishes
    Emma
  • Options
    Running 1.3.0.13...

The "ridiculous monster" 163K query now successfully shows up in the Query Fragment, vs. GDI+ Exception, plus no failures on paging through over 200 entries in the Log Running Query dropdown, so a HUGE "Thank You" as the tool appears reliable again...

BTW, thanks for the "Bonus" - amused for a few minutes... but work beckoned :)
    Decide wisely...