Can I install Smart Assembly 7 without affecting Smart Assembly 6?

In the documentation when upgrading from SA 6 to SA 7, there is the following blurb:

You can install the latest major version of our standalone desktop tools on the same machine as the previous version. For example, you can run version 9 and version 10 in parallel.

This seems to imply that we can install SA 7 without affecting the current SA 6 we have installed.
In that same documentation there also exists this:

When you download and install a major release, the product is licensed with your existing serial number automatically.

This seems to imply that an install of 7 will affect 6.

I just want to be sure that I can install SA 7 without affecting SA6. Is it possible to install SA 7 without affecting the current SA6?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Carlos,

You can indeed install Smart Assembly 7 without affecting your installation of 6. To be absolutely sure I just installed both myself and they install side by side.
  • Carlos_ParadesCarlos_Parades Posts: 2 New member
    Is this still true if we are using a different license for SA7?

Our situation is that we are testing SA7 using a trial license provided to us. So we want to be sure that installing SA7 with the trial license will not affect our installation and running of SA6 with our current license.
  • Hi Carlos,

It is indeed still true regardless of the license. Installing SA7 on a trial should make no difference to SA6.