Options

Add Objects to Project does not display Schema prefix

TormodTormod Posts: 4
edited July 30, 2009 11:52AM in SQL Dependency Tracker
Even when the options are set to show schema name, this only has effect in the main view, not in the "Add Objects to Project" dialog.

It is hard to add stuff when their names are equal across the different schemas.

The order of the objects appears to be sorted on schema name, but it should display it as well. The first thing I would like to do when using the "search" function is to type in "Valvetest." (Schema name) and then use the tree view to navigate among the relevant table, SP's etc.

Comments

• Options
    I have logged this as a feature request in our tracking system and it will be considered for a future release of SQL Dependency Tracker. We currently have no timescales for this.
  • Options
    Hi,

I'd like to second this feature.

I think that it's important that all Red-Gate's products should refer to Schema and Object Name in the object lists.

I also think the schema should be referred to as Schema as well (not Owner as SQL Compare does). I do understand the problem of backwards compatibility with SQL Server 2000 as it doesn't have schemas explicitly, but I think that as Owner effectively stood for Schema in 2000 and no longer does in 2005> then the change of description is valid.

Please see my request in the SQL Data Compare 8 (Early Access Program) forum http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=8935 for more information.

Thanks

Alex
    Alex Weatherall
    TeleWare.com
  • Options
    I think that it's important that all Red-Gate's products should refer to Schema and Object Name in the object lists.

I definitely agree. I'm in the painstaking process of refactoring a huge database and the fact that an object belongs to the dbo schema tells me that I haven't refactored that SP yet.

Scott