headToWorkingBase didn't get set

I upgraded SQL source control using the ling that poped up when I started sQL source control. I am now getting this error copied below. Please advice what needs to be done

Answers

• Hi @Dkaur

Sorry you're getting this issue!

Could I ask, have you tried unlinking and relinking the database from SQL Source Control? sometimes this can help clear any cache that might be causing an issue.

Let me know if that works or if you require further help!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• EZLinksEZLinks Posts: 10 Bronze 2
    I have the exact same issue. Yes, I unlinked and relinked and still have the same issue. This product is 100% unusable in the current state. Please provide a fix, or a link to the previous version so I can get this working again.
  • Hi @EZLinks

Apologies the steps didn't help to resolve the issue!

Could you try switching branches using git cmd and committing to see if the error persists?

If you're able to provide me with the version number you were on previously I can give you a direct link.

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• DkaurDkaur Posts: 8 New member
    I did unlink and re link the database. I use SVN, not GIT. I still get error:
  • Hi @Dkaur and @EZLinks can I ask, if you upgrade to 7.127 and perform a refresh does this resolve the issue?

Also is this occurring for multiple projects or just the one?

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• DkaurDkaur Posts: 8 New member
    I deleted the two conflicting object in the repository using Repo browser. It works fine after that.
    There were no updates available, so I assume I am running the latest, and can not even check the version with Help|About... since it totally crashes the environment and presents an exception dialog saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  Just getting tired of the updates breaking so frequently from red gate lately.
  • Hi @EZLinks

Sorry to hear that!

Could you reach out to us on support and we can troubleshoot these issues with some extra information and try to find a solution!

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

I have had an open ticket now for over 5 days and absolutely zero resolution for this critical issue. For as much money as I've spent on licenses, I would expect better. This solution has been unusable since late last week.
  • Hi @EZLinks

Sorry, I've found your ticket and the issue is no longer to do with "headToWorkingBase didn't get set" and so we're having to investigate multiple issues which takes time unfortunately.

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

I am actually still getting this error "headToWorkingBase didn't get set" when I re-link to my Git repo, however the biggest issue is the inability to use the product at all due to additional errors following this initial error message.
  • rick@syncbakrick@syncbak Posts: 14 Bronze 2
    edited June 1, 2021 6:11PM
    Same problem suddenly started occurring with one database using version 7.2.20.12234.
    Logs show " A duplicate definition was found for the column xxx" exceptions.
    Why? Column, by definition, cannot be duplicate. 
  • Hi @rick@syncbak

Would you be able to reach out and submit a ticket to support?

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?