SQLSearchSSMSPackage Not Loading Correctly



I've been getting this for a while now.  The XLM referenced looks like this:

<entry>
    <record>316</record>
    <time>2020/06/11 18:57:35.553</time>
    <type>Warning</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>Unexpected system error mode before loading package [SQLSearchSsmsPackage]</description>
    <guid>{26218D92-039D-466C-BF66-EAE1098379BE}</guid>
  </entry>
  <entry>
    <record>317</record>
    <time>2020/06/11 18:57:35.553</time>
    <type>Information</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>Begin package load [SQLSearchSsmsPackage]</description>
    <guid>{26218D92-039D-466C-BF66-EAE1098379BE}</guid>
  </entry>
  <entry>
    <record>318</record>
    <time>2020/06/11 18:57:35.563</time>
    <type>Error</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>SetSite failed for package [SQLSearchSsmsPackage]Source: &apos;RedGate.SQLSearch.SSMSPackage18&apos; Description: Could not load file or assembly &apos;RedGate.SIPFramework.Services, Version=0.2.1.208, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;RedGate.SIPFramework.Services, Version=0.2.1.208, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;File name: &apos;RedGate.SIPFramework.Services, Version=0.2.1.208, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57&apos;&#x000D;&#x000A;   at RedGate.SQLSearch.SSMSPackage.SQLSearchSsmsPackage.&lt;InitializeAsync&gt;d__1.MoveNext()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine&amp; stateMachine)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at RedGate.SQLSearch.SSMSPackage.SQLSearchSsmsPackage.InitializeAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.AsyncPackage.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass17_0.&lt;&lt;Microsoft-VisualStudio-Shell-Interop-IAsyncLoadablePackageInitialize-Initialize&gt;b__1&gt;d.MoveNext()&#x000D;&#x000A;--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VsTask.RethrowException(AggregateException e)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VsTask.InternalGetResult(Boolean ignoreUIThreadCheck)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VsTask.GetResult()&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.&#x000D;&#x000A;To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.&#x000D;&#x000A;Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.&#x000D;&#x000A;To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].&#x000D;&#x000A;</description>
    <guid>{26218D92-039D-466C-BF66-EAE1098379BE}</guid>
    <hr>80070002</hr>
    <errorinfo></errorinfo>
  </entry>
  <entry>
    <record>319</record>
    <time>2020/06/11 18:57:35.568</time>
    <type>Error</type>
    <source>VisualStudio</source>
    <description>End package load [SQLSearchSsmsPackage]</description>
    <guid>{26218D92-039D-466C-BF66-EAE1098379BE}</guid>
    <hr>80070002</hr>
    <errorinfo></errorinfo>
  </entry>
</activity>



Answers

  • ShuttleBILLShuttleBILL Posts: 3 New member
    • SSMS 18.5.1
    •  SQL Prompt 10.2.1.15260
  • ShuttleBILLShuttleBILL Posts: 3 New member
    I tried to be nice... but then I had to resort to auld skewel Desktop Admin tactics.

    After at least 10 different methods of uninstalling and re-installing all 3 components in my errors, SSMS, Red Gate products & Visual Studio, I decided to go into the program directory and root around for any old hangers-on.

    Sure enough, the Red Gate dlls were all in their program directory, and the Red Gate IDE Extensions for SSMS were all still in 18's directories...  So I removed all these, did clean installs of SSMS & Red Gate products.  And it looks like everything is running without problems.

    Mucky.  But done.
Sign In or Register to comment.