SQL Prompt 10.2.x release causing random code substitutions when code suggestions are enabled

TheoLTheoL Posts: 11 New member
edited June 10, 2020 10:15PM in SQL Prompt
Since upgrading to SQL Prompt 10.2.0 (and subsequently 10.2.1), I have started having problems in SSMS version 17.9.1.

After a random amount of time (~1 - 30 minutes) I am finding that suddenly starts making random substitutions when I press a non-alpha key. 

First case noted: every time I pressed '@' to type a variable, the current text and subsequent next few characters were replaced by a repeatable string.  
Second case noted was whenever I started typing '(' for a function, a random substitution occurred.

In both cases, some text ahead of the cursor was also replaced. I was altering the query inside a new table-valued function.

To only way I can restore normality is to untick the "enable suggestions" option in the SQL Prompt menu. If I re-enable, it just a matter of time before it starts going haywire again. 

Anyone else seen this problem? For now, I'm trying to disable the "Use ranked suggestions" option which is flagged as a new feature.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheoLTheoL Posts: 11 New member
    Since there have been no other comments, I guess it's fairly safe to assume that I'm the only one experiencing this. I try again, assuming it's something on my side ....

• TomWTomW Cambridge Posts: 108 Gold 1
    Hi @TheoL

That certainly sounds like a weird one. Could you share a reproduction script with us so we can try and find out what's going on?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software