Options

Ignoring Triggers

wamanringwamanring Posts: 7 Bronze 1
edited October 26, 2009 11:34AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I would like to know if it is possible to ignore a specifc trigger, as opposed to ignoring all DML triggers.

Another option which would also solve my problem would be to be able to ignore a specific item in the dependency list, as opposed to having to include/exclude all dependencies.

Thanks.
Bill

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you your post into the forum.

I have submitted the following Feature Requests for the development to consider:

"I would like to know if it is possible to ignore a specifc trigger, as opposed to ignoring all DML triggers. " - Reference Number is SC-4449

"Another option which would also solve my problem would be to be able to ignore a specific item in the dependency list, as opposed to having to include/exclude all dependencies. " - Reference Number is SC-4450

I cannot guarantee that the above feature requests will be successful or if approval is given, what future version of SQL Compare they appear in. I will be maintaining a watch on both feature request submitted and can update you on the progress of each feature request submitted.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Is there any update on the feature requests SC-4449 or SC-4450?
    Bill
  • Options
    Hi,

This is still not prioritized on the immediate roadmap. Treating DML triggers as objects in their own right would be a significant architectural change so we need a lot more user demand to justify the effort at which point we'll reconsider this. The option to selectively pick dependent objects to bring in sounds like a more plausible option. However, excluding the trigger would also mean exclude the table it is attached to, rather than the trigger alone. Would this present a problem?

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    My particular situation would be helped if I could exclude the triggers seperately from the table they are attached to. I understand if this is a significant change and as such requires more user demand. Knowing that it is not a prioritized item it helpful information - I can focus my resources on finding other solutions to my problem - like eliminating the triggers altogether or some other means addressing my issue.

Thanks for the prompt response.
    Bill