Options

Receiving an error: Errors occurred whilst parsing file ...

This is a table save. For some reason the create table has 2 extra lines:
Y]
GO

I have tried to delete these 2 lines but whenever I do a "Get latest" or "Commit" it results in the error.
I am using GitHub.
I'm at a loss at how to proceed from here. If it makes any difference, I do not need this file in source control.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @tweber!

I know the error message says that the issue is with the file in the WorkingBase folder, but when editing the SQL in step #2, you will actually need to make the change to the dbo.buxc_bJCCM_Weekly.sql file within the repository.

Can you please give this a try if you haven't already?

If the problem persists after updating the repository though, can you please close SSMS, unlink from SQL Source Control, delete the Caches folder %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 7, then relink?

Hope that helps but let me know if not!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    twebertweber Posts: 7 New member
    I tried editing the file and deleted the extra lines. My local version, server version and the file that is in the working base folder all have the same code. Source Control still gives me the same error.
    So I am looking at the next step of unlinking source control. If I exit out of SSMS how do I unlink?
    The only place I see is in SSMS using the "Unlink form source control" button.
    Thanks,
    Todd
  • Options
    Hi @tweber ,

Thanks for confirming that and so sorry, I messed up the order of steps!

While SSMS is still open, please unlink from source control, then close SSMS, delete the caches folder, and then relink, I believe that should get things working again but please let me know if not!

Kind regards,

Jessica Ramos

• Options
  • Options
    Hi @tweber,

It looks like the error is happening with a different file now, unfortunately.

The Redgate file seems to have "hase_Name", is that correct (or should it be RD.Phase_Name)? If it is incorrect though, I'm not sure how it ended up like that in the Redgate file.

Would it be possible for you to share your repository with us to test with? I can send you a private link to upload to.

• Options
    The lines in the Redgate file should not be there at all. 

What folder would you want me to upload?
  • Options
    Hm that is strange. If you can please send a copy of your repository, as well as both your working base and transient folders (Setup>Under the hood), we can take a look. You can send it to support@red-gate.com with subject "Files for ticket #162026".

Thank you!

• Options
    Now I am getting the following error:

My database is case sensitive.

• Options
    Here is more on the error:

• Options
    Hi @tweber!

Just to confirm, are there two objects with the name uspxc_WAWP_10_Get_VPData_B but different casing?

In either case, as the database is case sensitive, can you please go to Setup>Comparison Options>Use case-sensitive object definition? Hope that helps!

(If not, that error normally suggests that there are two create statements for the object - can you please search the repository for uspxc_WAWP_10_Get_VPData_B to confirm? You can use Notepad++'s Search>Find in files feature.)