Options

Can Not Get Email to test sussfull

childebrandchildebrand Posts: 4
edited November 15, 2010 10:03AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I am working with in the 14 day trail version and I am attempting to get the e-mail configered and working. I have e-mail working on my DB servers using DBMail and those are working with no problem.

I entered the:
Mail Server
Port number
Username
Password
From Name

When ever I run send test e-mail I get an error. Is their a log or something I can review that will tell me what the error is that is occuring?
CHildebrand

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

All test e-mail attempt errors are logged in the Alert Repository log files.

You can find these files by right clicking the SQL Response Title bar and choosing Copy Alert Repository log file which will give you a copy of the latest log file or go to the Alert Repository machine and look here :

%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Response Alert Repository 1

I hope this helps.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    per the Log the The SMTP server requires a secure connection. How can I set / create a secure connection with in SQL Responce?
    CHildebrand
  • Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't something that is currently supported in SQL Response as there is no mechanism to secure the connection.

This will be considered for a future release.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    when is the next realse due out and will that support SMTP secure connections?
    CHildebrand
  • Options
    Hi,

Just to let you know that we have released SQL Monitor 2.0. It supports SMTP secure connections.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software