If you will use SSMS under different account and start SSMS via:
@echo offrunas /user:domainA\user /netonly "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18\Common7\IDE\Ssms.exe"
and you are actually working on your PC in domainB, your SQL Prompt will lag like:
- not properly refreshing meta data of the table, or DB object will not appear at all in suggestions;
- doesn't highlight syntax;
- refresh suggestion doesn't work;
- cross DB queries are not highlighted/suggested;
The are two way to make it working:
1) Execute User [Database]; GO; in each window or each execution block;
2) Then run refresh suggestion.
This bug is valid for all edition during last 3 years. I'm just tired of this.