Options

Is there a fix for the SQL Compare pane covering the bottom of the History View?

I am not able to get to the scroll bar or buttons on the bottom or see the end of the procedure.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Wayne,

Are you getting this issue on SQL Source Control 7.1.19?

If you aren't can you please update and check if you still experience this issue?
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Options
    WayneMcCashlandWayneMcCashland Posts: 6 New member
    edited April 13, 2020 10:55PM
    These are the versions I'm working with.  The update to Source Control started the issue.

• Options
    Hi Wayne,

I have tried to replicate this on 7.1.19 and on 7.1.20, which was released in the meantime.
    In my case this is working correctly, I have the scroll bars and they are fully functional:

Could you perhaps attempt to completely download SQL Source Control and reinstall? If you don't have an installer at hand, you can get it by logging to the customer portal at www.red-gate.com.

Kind Regards,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Sergio,
    I uninstalled SQL Source Control and then downloaded and installed the latest.  No Change.

• Options
    Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Wayne,

Can you please let me know what are your display settings? (In Windows: Settings -> Display Settings)

Kind Regards,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Sergio,

I get to this machine through an RDP double-hop.

Thank you
  • Options
    Hi Wayne,

In that case setting a display size for the Remote Session that you initiate from your workstation, so that it doesn't run in Full Screen mode, should fix this

Kind Regards,

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Sergio,

That doesn't seem to work either.  I'm not sure why it would since the View History dialog isn't full screen.  I maximized the View History dialog and that didn't change the behavior.

Thank you,
  • Options
    Hi Sergio,

Opening View History in full screen mode (having closed the previous session when in full screen) with the Remote Session in a less than full screen resolution seems to work.  Kind of a clunky work around but eventually gets the job done.

Thank you