How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Rogue Job Duration alerts since upgrade from version 9 to 10

2»

Answers

• Options
    ScottRGScottRG Posts: 10 New member
    First install attempt for new version 10.0.10.28314 failed to uninstall the old (Base Monitor service got disabled and could not change properties).  After closing everything out, 2nd attempt successful.
  • Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @ScottRG,

That message does mean there are not enough runs of the job to make a baseline, but it should not create an alert.  Can you please enable the Job Duration Unusual logging as described below:

Edit the logging config 
    <b>C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\BaseMonitor\RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.logging.config<br></b>to add this element to the bottom of the file just above the <b></log4net></b> element:
    <logger name="RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Alerter.Sql.JobDurationUnusualAlerter">
    <level value="INFO" />
    </logger>
    And then re-enable the alert and send in the logs please if possible.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    ScottRGScottRG Posts: 10 New member

Our Job Duration Unusual alert was turned on again after my last post.   I don't get 100's of alert emails anymore.

However, I do now have same issue as @DevendraSingh.   (Connection failed  Internal SQL Monitor error)

• Options
    Hi @ScottRG,

Righto, thank you for the further information and, again, my apologies for all the inconvenience here.  The team is currently working on that issue.

If anyone does want to downgrade to 10.0.8 from 10.0.10 then please do let me know and I can provide instructions, otherwise I will update here when I have further information.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    Hi all,

SQL Monitor 10.0.11 is now available and you can download it here https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLMonitorWeb/SQLMonitorWeb_10.0.11.28553.exe

This should correct the website 404 issue (related to AD support changes causing a NullRef), the "Option.None has no value" issue and further Job Duration Unusual alert causes (and a few other things unrelated to this thread).

Do let me know if you are still experiencing any issues after the update!

Kind regards,
    Alex