Options

DB Level Extended Properties

alex.weatherallalex.weatherall Posts: 54
edited November 17, 2010 3:31PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

Just noticed a recent conversation with SamJones11 about DB Attributes. If you do consider adding these then I have an additional request. DB Level Extended Properties - I set a number of Extended Properties against my DBs and when I change other objects, these are migrated, but if just the DB properties are different then there is no way to use SQLCompare to synchronise them.

The way I'd envision DB Properties and Attributes working in SQL Compare is one of 2 ways:

a single object of type Database and all the attributes and extended props as a series of DDL statements in the one object
or

to have the GUI show the attributes as separate objects of Database Type with the attribute name as the name of the object and the Extended Properties in an object called Database Extended Properties.

What do you think? As you said you might be looking at it :-).
Alex Weatherall
TeleWare.com

Comments

• Options
    Hi Alex,

Thank you for the feedback, this will be considered for a future release.

Thanks again.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    I would like to see a checkbox under Options to Ignore "Db Extended Properties" similar to the checkbox to Ignore "Extended Properties" under Options. I like to set Extended Properties at the database level (i.e. this db is for regression testing, this db is for original development, this is the staging database). I don't want to Ignore all Extended Properties because I want to move the table and column level items. But I certainly don't want the db level Extended Properties moved from one db to the next. Please consider for future release. I'm using SQL Compare 8.1.0.360.