Options

SQL Server 2019

I see in the requirements for Red-Gate that the newest version listed is 2017.  However, I see in the release notes for 10.0 that it says "Backups created using SQL Server 2017-2019 can now be restored using Object Level Recovery (though many new features such as native compression and encryption remain unsupported)"

So what is it?  Does RG support backup and recovery of SQL 2019 or not?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @calicyclist ,

For what it's worth, I've just tried a backup and restore of a simple database in SQL Server 2019 and it has worked.

I'll double check with the team to see why it may not be on the requirements page yet - it could have been missed or possibly there is some requirement for it to be included that I'm not aware of.

I'll update further when I have more information.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Hi @calicyclist,

I've checked with the team and it seems to be a documentation oversight as there is a suite of tests running against SQL Server 2019.

I'll work with them to get that updated, but you are good to go using SQL Backup against SQL Server 2019.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    calicyclistcalicyclist Posts: 2 New member
    Great.  Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    baghulbaghul Posts: 3 New member
    I have a related question.

We are running RG SQL backup 9.2
    REcently we upgraded some sql boxes to sql 2019. However we are having challenges with running Redgate sql backups now.

Seem to be getting error # 605

My questions is
    Does SQL backup 9.2 support Full backups of SQL Server 2019 or do I need to upgrade RG to newer version?
    Thanks!

• Options
    Hi @baghul,

SQL Backup 9.2 doesn't support SQL 2019 (this is the page for what it does support  ).

Support for SQL 2019 was added in 10.0.2 (release notes).

Kind regards,
    Alex