New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact, SQL Source Control and ComparisonOptions.xml

Hi,

Is there any way (before I start developing some parsing logic) to use the SQL Source Control (SSC) ComparisonOptions.xml file within its scripts folder to be the comparison options for New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact?  In my SSC git scripts dir, I have IgnoreDataCompression enabled (our systems have automatic scripting taking care of page compression etc., so I'm ignoring), however when the release artifact is created (-Target is a DB instance that does have compression enabled on various objects) it has the compression clause included in the target scripts. So I'm assuming although the -Source for New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact is the SSC git folder, it isn't using the ComparisonOptions.xml options (and I couldn't see a switch to pass it in).

Of course whilst I can pass  -SQLCompareOptions IgnoreDataCompression to New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact, if it doesn't read ComparisonOptions.xml then I'm worried there might be other options which should be enabled as well.

Thanks
Peter
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DanCDanC Posts: 587 Gold 4
    Hi @Bugmeister I know we covered this in the support ticket, but for the benefit of anyone reading this forum I'll put the answers you and I discovered. 

So originally I stated "SQL Compare options have to be explicitly defined in every cmdlet."

Your solution was to "Write 
    some Powershell which parsed the ComparisonOptions.xml generating the appropriate list of options for the New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact -SQLCompareOptions parameter."

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?