How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Change schedule for fragmented indexes check for single SQL Server instance?

SQL Monitor 9.2.0.23782

I rebuild indexes on one of our SQL Server instances on Wednesday nights.  I'd like the SQL Monitor fragmented index check to occur after that - for that server only.  I have seen:

https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/83144/is-it-possible-to-change-the-time-when-the-fragmented-indexes-check-is-run

I did not find this config file on the SQl Monitor server.  I found a similarly named config file, though, but it did not have a <schedule> element.

This is not a big deal since I just set the alter to be "low" instead of medium.  Plus, I know that I am Ola Hallengrenning (yes, I verbified Hallengren) all my DBs, so I could probably just turn this alert off.  However, it would still be nice to be able to config the alert schedule.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    You can't change it down to a single instance level, but as per that thread you posted it can be done globally to change the time the sampler runs.

Run C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\BaseMonitor\ConfigurationFileEditor.exe as an administrator, and look for %ProgramData%\Red Gate\SQL Monitor, which might be hidden by default?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?

Answers