Options

Wildcard Filters

moWhitemoWhite Posts: 4
I have a bunch of tables that start with f and then a numbers: f1, f12, f15. I also have tables like federal and fools.

I'd like to be able to use a regex in the filter or at least a wildcard such as f?? or f? to filter on these.

I see references to regex in prior versions.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi and thanks for your post.

SQL Compare version 8 is the first version to feature object filtering by name in the user interface. Unfortunately this does not extend to entering regular expressions, as far as I can tell.

The command-line version of SQL Compare always included object filtering by regular expressions in all versions. This was the best solution for offering the same ability to choose schema objects for synchronization as the user interface version, without it being necessary to have a huge command to type out.
  • Options
    I've raised an internal feature request (SC-4441) for improved filtering and if we get sufficient requests, it will be considered for a future release.

If anyone else finds that the filtering doesn't quite meet their needs, please let us know and we'll add your case to the feature request.

Thanks!

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I could really use the regex filter. We are using nhibernate to generate some of our scripts, and we end up with random number we would like to filter out of our comparison.

regex filter feature request ++
  • Options
    jeffo wrote:
    I could really use the regex filter. We are using nhibernate to generate some of our scripts, and we end up with random number we would like to filter out of our comparison.

regex filter feature request ++

Is there any reason why these can't be excluded using the existing filters? Could you give me an example of the object names you need to filter out?

Thanks,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software