Product Suggestion: Save scripts individually

skirilovskirilov Posts: 3
edited March 12, 2009 12:33PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
We used to use SQL Packager 5 and loved the feature that allowed us to save the schema and data script separately, but that feature is gone in SQL Packager 6. Can you guys put that functionality back in for a future release, or is there still a way of doing this?

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for the request. Can I ask what the scenario is that requires you to save the scripts off as separate files?

One way of doing it currently is to select all the text from the Schema and Data Scripts, copy to the clipboard and paste this into a text file.

Regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • We currently use SQL Packager to package our database, into 2 files. A schema file, and a data file, which get added to our build process as a starting point, on which we build other scripts.

We are aware that we can copy and paste from the windows, but the scripts that are generated are roughly 20,000 lines and 70,000 lines, which tends to really bog down our machines when we try and copy and paste that much information.
  • Hi,

You can still export individual schema and data scripts if you use the SQL Packager command line interface.

Switches /schemascript /datascript should do what you need.

There is information on using the command line interface in SQL Packager helpfile.

I hope this is helpful.

Let me know if you need any more information.
    Chris