Options

Share Access blocked for SQL Prompt with SSMS as a Citrix Published App

alembicalembic Posts: 4 New member
I have SQL Server Management Studio running as a published Citrix application. SQL Prompt has been installed on this instance of SSMS. I've placed.sqpromptstylev2 files in a share folder so that every SSMS user has access to a standard formatting style and also save their own custom formats.

I open the dialog window via SQL Prompt menu >> Edit Formatting Styles...

At the top of this dialog window, there's a path textbox which can be set by browsing to the folder that stores the .sqpromptstylev2 files. Unfortunately, that share folder is inaccessible. I get a permissions error. However, from the File menu in SSMS, I can browse to this share.

Is this a matter of configuring a security policy that enables SQL Prompt itself to gain access to this share?

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Unfortunately we do not support our products within a Citrix environment. With regards to the share folder within Citrix and SQL Prompt I can confirm there is not a security policy or setting required for SQL Prompt to have permissions. It might be worth double checking the logged in user account permissions vs the SSMS user permissions against the folder to see if there is any difference.
    Kind regards
    Karl Boldy | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?