Options

Tracing/logging job failure

At least it seems like a failure to me. I have a backup job that includes three COPY TO commands to move most recent backups to other servers for archive and isolated processing needs. Two of the statements work perfectly calm, third one doesn't seem to work at all, but doesn't throw an error either. The job log shows no error, the Windows logs show no errors. The share is visible from the server where the job runs. There's just no backup file there work on.

Can anybody think of a way to isolate the problem. I can't run the entire backup job without impacting operations, and I can't think of a way to trace the job even if I wanted to get up at 3 AM to do that. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @RichardRay

Could you please ensure that the account given to the SQL Backup Agent has permissions to the COPYTO share. 

Could you please send over the log files, if you're not able to send them across the forum, I can reach out to you through a ticket. Please let me know how you would like to proceed

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    RichardRayRichardRay Posts: 5 New member
    edited December 19, 2019 2:32PM
    I have no access to permissions on this a client’s network. They’re a major ski resort and it’s a week before the holiday season commences. It may take me a day or two to attract the attention of a network admin to work on permissions on the share. 😁 

Which log files? Where do they live? Do I need to turn on or turn up logging?

Better for me if you open a ticket, I think. 
  • Options
    Hi @RichardRay

Not a worry! when a forum post comes in a ticket is automatically generated, i'll follow this up within the ticket and we can continue from there!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?