How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Search Text Box Obscures Small Tile Button

If I am on the Overview screen and there is enough space to bring the magnifying glass icon next to the small tile icon, I cannot click on the small icon. Every time I do, it pops open the search text box. If I shrink the browser window enough to move the search icon to the next line this is not a problem. It seems like the hot-spot for search goes too far to the left and covers the small tile icon. I don't notice this behavior on Chrome on my laptop but when I am logged into the Windows 2016 server where SQL Monitor is installed, I notice it on (gasp) Internet Explorer. It only ever affects me when I finish installing a new SQL Monitor update and test it. Just wanted the devs to know.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited December 13, 2019 11:56AM
    Do you mean like this:
    Whilst I agree its not pretty, if so that only happens for me when I've clicked the search bar, so I would expect to be wanting to type a search term in, rather than click the cards behind it? Unless I've misunderstood the issue.

Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    TUellnerTUellner Posts: 56 Bronze 5
    The issue is not that it overlaps when you click search. The issue is I cannot click on the small tiles icon at all. I am not trying to click on search. It disables my ability to click on small tiles without ever clicking on search.
  • Options
    I still can't reproduce this I'm afraid at least using IE11, thats all I have access to for IE. Which version are you using?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    TUellnerTUellner Posts: 56 Bronze 5
    Here's a much detail as I can think of:

My computer:
    Windows 10 1903 build 18362.535
    HP Z Book 4k screen with scaling set to 250% <- This has been the cause of many headaches in UI even in remote desktop connections.

Remote Desktop into VM:
    Windows Server 2016 1607 build 14393.3204
    Default install of IE 11 version 11.3204.14393.0
    IE run maximized
    Mouse over large tiles icon and you see a pointer icon like normal
    Mouse over small tiles icon and you a text carat icon and clicking it opens the search text box
    If I am very careful, I can move the mouse just over the edge of the large tile icon to the very left edge of the small tile icon and still have a pointed instead of a text carat. Any further to the right and the cursor changes to a text carat and the search text box opens.

This may just be a weird edge case and not worth the time but I wanted Redgate to know. Sorry I couldn't capture the below image with the actual mouse pointer showing.