How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Deadlock (extended event) firing for ignored database

We have a third party database that gets a lot of deadlocks.  We can't fix it and we don't care, so we added it to the ignore list.  That worked great for a long time until recently.

Last month it was necessary to rebuild our SQL server.  It was rebuilt on the same hardware with the same name, but when the databases were restored back to the server they picked up new database_id values in some cases.
Now I am getting deadlock alerts on the database I have ignored.  The alert title shows a different database name, but the details show the correct database.

For example:
Database "A" gets a lot of deadlocks and is set to ignore in the deadlock alert.
After rebuild of the SQL server, we are getting deadlock alerts for Database "B", but when looking at the details it is actually for Database "A" which is supposed to be ignored.
To add onto that, Database "B" in the alert subject line is an old database that no longer exists.  It was dropped months ago.

Any advice how I can correct this?  I've tried removing and re-adding Database "A" to the ignore list, and I've updated SQL Monitor to the latest build.  I continue to have this issue.

Answers

• Options
    Good Afternoon!
    Can you try removing the monitored instance with this database from Configuration>Monitored Servers, restart the SQL Monitor Windows Services, and then re-add the monitored instance to see if that helps?

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?