How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Long running query is not present in the TOP 10 QUERIES list in the main panel.

I found a long running query in my alerts page which took 278 seconds starting at 15:13 yesterday.  If I now zoom in on 24 hour view and look at a 15-20 minute period around the time of the alert, I do not see this query in the TOP 10 QUERIES.  Should I expect it to be in there?

Additionally, I extracted the query and ran it manually in SSMS where it took 71 seconds.  Again, I see this in the alerts panel but but not TOP 10 QUERIES.

Answers

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,133 Diamond 4
    Hi @clivestrong,

Just a few things to check - are you sorting the TOP 10 QUERIES section by Duration (ms) and is the "Show as:" section set to "Avg. per execution" or "Totals"?

Depending on these options and the other queries in the view it may or may not appear.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Hi Alex,

I tried both average and total and I was sorting by Duration.  I tried sorting on different columns to see if I could get the query to appear.  I also tried going into the top 10 waits and looked through those to see if the offending query would surface, to no avail.

The longest running query in the top 10 list was 6 seconds.

Today, I can see a very slow query (known bug in our data warehouse) with an alert reporting a query taking 103 seconds.  In the top 10 queries list, I can see the same query with a duration of 125,096ms.

We're on version 9.1.9.

Clive