How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

CImageHelper Failed with SQLMonitor 9.1.6

peter ehpeter eh Posts: 17 Bronze 2
edited October 1, 2019 10:26AM in Redgate Monitor
For all our SQL instances controlled with SQL Monitor we get the following error message in the SQL Server Log:
CImageHelper::Init () Failed load of symbol file with path = C:\Instance\MSSQL14.xxxx\MSSQL\Binn\;c:\Instance\MSSQL14.xxxx\MSSQL\BINN Error Code 0xc0000004    (xxxx = placeholder for the instance name)

SQL Monitor Version 9.1.6
All monitored instances are SQL Server 2017 CU15 GDR.
All servers are Windows 2016 with current patch level.
The SQL Monitor is currently running with domain admin privileges to avoid permission problems.

Any ideas?

Comments

• It's not something I've come across before; are you able to engage Microsoft at all to see what the error code actually means? Are there any dump files being generated you could examine?

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/cimagehelperinit-failed-load-of-symbol-file-with-path
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • peter ehpeter eh Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    Hello Russell,
    thank you so much for your answer.
    There are no dump files, no other corresponding entries in SQL or Windows log files, no jobs (except SQL Monitor) that always run at the time in question.
    On one server the errors stopped suddenly and without any changes, on the other one they appear in the SQL log about 200 times per day.
    This is really puzzling. I had already read the sqlservercentral article, but unfortunately it doesn't help because no solution is described and he doesn't write if the problem was fixed after the reboot. The recovery interval for all DB's on both servers was set to 60 from the beginning.
    Next week we will patch and boot both servers, see what it looks like afterwards.

• Yes I realise the link wasn't the most helpful, I was just hoping it might shed some light on it. Really all I can suggest at this point is to ask Microsoft - it's not a particularly satisfactory answer I'm afraid.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • SAYSAY Posts: 5 New member
    peter eh said:
    Hello Russell,
    There are no dump files, no other corresponding entries in SQL or Windows log files, no jobs (except SQL Monitor) that always run at the time in question.
    On one server the errors stopped suddenly and without any changes, on the other one they appear in the SQL log about 200 times per day.
    This is really puzzling. I had already read the sqlservercentral article, but unfortunately it doesn't help because no solution is described and he doesn't write if the problem was fixed after the reboot. The recovery interval for all DB's on both servers was set to 60 from the beginning.
    Next week we will patch and boot both servers, see what it looks like afterwards.

Hi Peter, did you find the solution? We are also getting this error sporadically (daily) on one of our Prod 20016 Ent SQL Servers.
    Thanks, SImon
  • SAYSAY Posts: 5 New member
    peter eh said:
    Hello Russell,

Hi Peter, did you find the solution? We are also getting this error sporadically (daily) on one of our Prod 20016 Ent SQL Servers,
    thanks Simon.