Nested Role Membership Bug?

There seems to be a bug in SQL Compare relating to the parsing of scripts in a script folder and nested role membership where a Windows-based database user (minus the domain name) has the same name as one of the roles.

Steps to Replicate

I've attached a sample set of scripts that can be used to replicate the problem, but the steps are here:

1. In the script folder create a script for a login and user named: MYDOMAIN\intranet
2. In the script folder create a script for a role named: zrIntranet
3. In the script folder create a script for a role named: intranet
4. To the relevant script add a statement to make the 'intranet' role a member of the 'zrIntranet' role
5. Use the SQL Compare GUI to compare the script folder with itself (scripts vs scripts just to keep it simple and show the behaviour - issue also occurs with DB vs script folder, but only on the script folder side)

Expected Behaviour

I would expect SQL Compare to identify that the 'intranet' role is a member of the 'zrIntranet' role. The user should not belong to any role.

Actual Behaviour

SQL Compare decides that the 'MYDOMAIN\intranet' user is a member of the 'zrIntranet' role, ignoring the actual role membership defined in the script folder.

SQL Compare 14.0.0.12866 Professional

Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Chris

Best Answer

• Tianjiao_LiTianjiao_Li Posts: 684 Rose Gold 5
    Thanks for your patience.

I'm pleased to let you know the fix has been released in 14.0.4.13251. Please upgrade at your convenience.

Thanks.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers