Options

UPDATETEXT with CHANGE_TRACKING ON

maschmasch Posts: 2
To update IMAGE-Columns SQL Data Compare uses UPDATETEXT, which causes an error (22113) in SQL Server 2008 when CHANGE_TRACKING is ON.

When I manually change the several statements (1 Update + n UPDATETEXT) into 1 UPDATE all is fine.

How can I tell SQL Data Compare to use 1 UPDATE instead of using several UPDATETEXT?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

A support call has been created for you, call reference is F0019875.

Can you please supply a screen shot of the error and sent it to support@red-gate.com. Also please include the above call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail.

I see from reading SQL Server Books On-Line Articles (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189466.aspx), that Microsoft plan to remove UPDATETEXT in a future version of SQL Server.

Unfortunately you cannot configure SQL Data Compare to use UPDATE in preference to UPDATETEXT. However I will bring highlight this issue to the SQL Data Compare Development Team.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for sending in the requested screen shot, which has made the problem you are experiencing much clearer.

Unfortunately there is not a setting you can configure to force SQL Data Compare use '1 UPDATE' instead of 'UPDATETEXT'.

I have created a new Bug Report for the SQL Data Compare Development Team to review. The reference for this bug report is SDC-897.

Once I obtain further information I will update this forum post.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com