Options

Apply style on Partition by clause - aligning order by

This statement is formatting as follows (with the order by in column 1)
SELECT<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;cols<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;,Row_Cnt =&nbsp;ROW_NUMBER()&nbsp;OVER&nbsp;(PARTITION&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.part<br>ORDER&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.PDate DESC<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;)<br>FROM<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;table&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;A
How do I get it to align with the partition
SELECT<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;cols<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;,Row_Cnt =&nbsp;ROW_NUMBER()&nbsp;OVER&nbsp;(PARTITION&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.part<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ORDER&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.PDate DESC<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;)<br>FROM<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;table&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;A
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @MattB_SCA!

I can get that formatting with the following:
    - Data>Clauses> set "Clause alignment" to " to statement"
    - Parentheses>Short parentheses contents> disable 'Collapse parentheses if contents are shorter than x characters"

Can you please give this a try?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Thanks for the response Jessica.

I can now get it to:
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;,Row_Cnt =&nbsp;ROW_NUMBER()&nbsp;OVER&nbsp;(PARTITION&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.part ORDER&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.PDate DESC)
    which is better than the ORDER in the left column, but ideally I'd like the ORDER aligned under the PARTITION
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;,Row_Cnt =&nbsp;ROW_NUMBER()&nbsp;OVER&nbsp;(PARTITION&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.part 
                                      ORDER&nbsp;BY&nbsp;A.PDate DESC)
    Matt
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4

No worries, Matt!

I think that disabling Data (DML)>Subqueries>"Collapse subqueries shorter than x characters" will do the trick for you- can you please give this a try?

If not, I've attached an example style that should format it as you're looking for:

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?