Options

Action list button doesn't disappear in visual studio

Hi,

Sometimes the action list button appears, but doesn't disappears when I close the window. After a while there are a lot of these buttons on my screen even if I change from program these are on top.

Here is a screenshot showing the issue. Only way to solve is by restarting visual studio. 

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @StephenLag

We've seen some cases of this but have not been able to reliable reproduce the issue.  I see it on occasion from SSMS and clicking back to that application and then away again makes it disappear which doesn't appear to be the case for you.  I've not seen it stack repeatedly as in your example above either.

Are you able to reliably reproduce it and if so what steps do you perform and what OS and versions of SQL Prompt and Visual Studio are you using?

Does reset SQL Prompt options (SQL Prompt ->Options->Restore all defaults) help? If not already, can you try reinstalling SQL Prompt?

Thanks 
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm refactoring a lot of stored procedures at the moment. I tried multiple things to reproduce it but am not able to find a reliable way for the moment. It looks very random. 

Sometime it occurs when I use "CTRL + V" on a selected text. But when I repeat this it doesn't appear again.

I'm using SQL prompt in Visual studio 2019 version 16.2.3 and SSMS 2018 version 18.1
    in windows 10 version 19.03

The problem also occurred in previous versions of SQL prompt. At the moment I'm using 9.5.13.11024

The problem does not appear in SSMS only in visual studio. 

I restored all defaults restarted visual studio, but problem still exists.

I'll try to reproduce it in a reliable way for now, if I can't find a way I'll try to reinstall SQL prompt

Thanks
    Stephen

• Options
    rusrus Posts: 1 New member
    edited November 5, 2019 7:49AM
    I have absolutely same issue. It reproduces every day.

And this OK button doesn't help. Only restart of visual studio helps.
  • Options
    AdRockAdRock Posts: 1 New member
    I have the same issue. It's intensely annoying.  I have to restart VS to get rid of them.

• Options
    ArnaudArnaud Posts: 3 New member
    I also have the same issue.
    It happens every time I use SQL in VS2019.
  • Options
    veonveon Posts: 2 New member
    I think I am able to reproduce the issue now. Might be one of the cases though.

Anyway do following:
    1. Select a text so the Action List button will appear.
    2. Press CTRL + K + Y (refactor shortcut)
    3. Click somewhere else so the Action List button should disappear -> it will not
    I tested this couple of times and the button always remained till i closed the VS.
  • Options
    veonveon Posts: 2 New member
    veon said:
    I think I am able to reproduce the issue now. Might be one of the cases though.

Anyway do following:
    2. Press CTRL + K + Y (refactor shortcut)
    3. Click somewhere else so the Action List button should disappear -> it will not
    I tested this couple of times and the button always remained till i closed the VS.
    Found another case:
    2. Click on top right File Selector button 
    3. Choose a file so the Action List button should disappear -> it will not