Does SP-7650 cover my problem with Tab History?

rayradrayrad Posts: 1 New member
I have a problem with the Tabs History feature in SQL Prompt 9 (currently on build 9.5.12.10845) running in SSMS 18.1 (build 15.0.18131.0) using SQL authentication. I do not have auto-open tabs enabled, but when I manually select a tab to be re-opened, it does not reconnect to the server, and after I manually connect I still have to explicitly choose the database.

I have searched the forums for issues with Tab History and did not find any that are exactly this issue, but some that may be related. On many of these it says that there is a known issue, internally logged as SP-7650, relating SQL Auth on SSMS 18. I was wondering if this issue covers my problem or if I should submit a new issue.

For additional information, I believe the problem may occur because I use two different credentials to connect to our Azure SQL Server. The primary login I use gives me read-write access to our development database but read-only access to the production one. Then once in awhile I connect with a second login that has read-write access to the production database. For this latter one I never let it save the password, but I do for the first one. Unfortunately, when the login dialog appears the prod-read-write one is always first so I need to manually select select the Login drop-down to change it to my prod-read-only one. This may or may not be related but I thought it could be helpful.

Thanks for any help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @rayrad

We've implemented a fix for the issue with tabs not automatically reconnecting in SSMS18 with SQL Server authentication and we'll be shipping it later this week.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further issues.

Thanks,

Tom
    Team Prompt
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software
  • TomWTomW Posts: 108 Gold 1
    edited August 22, 2019 2:39PM
    Hi @rayrad

This release should now be available to you. Please get in touch if there are still any issues.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software