Options

SQL Change Automation requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later

All I can is "thanks a lot Red-gate" for stuffing up my build processes....A day of development wasted yesterday. It was only after a bit of searching the forums to find that you have broken my builds with the new release even though there was no public notification that this was happening.  Once I found the error, I tried to install v4.7.2 of the .NET Framework on my Azure build server to have an error saying "v4.7 or later is already installed"..... So completely non-the-wiser as to how to fix the issue.  Please can you provide full and complete instructions as to how to rectify this situation. I apologise if they already exist somewhere but I have not been able to find them and the priority for me is to get the latest version deployed.  I am currently using SQL Change Automation as part of my DevOps build process.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    Sorry you've had issues. However we've been warning about the impending upgrade in the logs for quite a while with the message "The Requirements for SQL Change Automation will soon be updated to need .NET Framework 4.7.2, please ensure you upgrade your machine. See https://www.red-gate.com/sca/install-net472 for instructions", we bumped the minor version number to 3.2.0, and it's in the release notes. I'm not sure beyond that what you'd reasonably expect.

Your best bet at this stage if pegging the build to 3.1.18 isn't working is to email the logs into Support.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?