Options

After 9.4 update I no longer have code outlining is SSMS 2018. I have installed the latest version.

Best Answers

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited April 29, 2019 1:51PM Answer ✓
    Just the tick item in the menu to Enable Suggestions. Whilst in a query window try selecting Refresh suggestions and see if that helps, if not enable verbose logging (sql prompt help menu), restart ssms and after reproducing the problem send in a log file.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    Dan_MCDan_MC Posts: 8 New member
    Update:  After turning off verbose logging and  restarting Outlining is back.  Issue resolved! Not sure what actually corrected the problem.

Answers

• Options
    I have installed SQL Prompt version 9.5.0.9311
    system
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 14.0.17289.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 14.0.1016.283
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.17134.1
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0 
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.17134.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
    Operating System 6.3.17134
  • Options
    Just to clarify - the version number in the title is a typo?

Also - the screenshot you've put above is SSMS intellisense, not SQL Prompt. 
  • Options
    After the install of 9.4????  update Outlining stopped working.  I the waited for the next update.  It did not resolve the issue.  So after the 9.4 update, outlining stopped, I have since installed the latest version, 9.5.0.9311.  Also It is not working for SSMS 17  ver 14.0.17289  so I downloaded SSMS 2018.  Still not working.
    On the screen shot, yes, SSMS, to show I have the setting turned on.  Is there a setting on SQL Prompt that controls outlining?
  • Options
    Enable suggestions is on.  I refreshed and restarted SSMS.  No luck.  Enabled verbose logging and restarted.  log file attached.
  • Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    Glad you got it sorted... apologies for the inconvenience!