access to ALL IDENTICAL items after comparison

robvonrobvon Posts: 7
edited February 10, 2009 7:42AM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
Clicking on the identical tab does not give a list of the records.

Under the "?" it says "Identical rows were excluded from the project"

But I don't want them excluded!!

What if I need to delete or otherwise play with the identical rows from one side or other of the comparison, as would be the case of two similar databases that were not supposed to have identical rows and they need to be removed from one side or the other.

Different thing: There is no way to get a copy to the clipboard of any of the comparison results. One has to go to the SQL but that is not the same as a grid of results and one has to edit it in EXCEL if so required.

Regards
rob

Comments

• If you go to the 'Options' tab when you're setting up the project, there is a check box labelled 'Show identical values in results'. Checking this check box will provide you with a list of identical records when you click on the identical tab after performing the comparison.

To get a comparison result grid out of the program, you can go to Print Preview and use the toolbar button with a document and green disk icon to select what format you would like to export your grid of results in. (We know that this is a rather hidden feature at the moment and have plans to work on exposing it better in the next version.)

I hope this helps resolve your concerns, but do ask for more advice if you're still having problems :).
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software