Options

Cannot access any network share from the File Browser (trying to restore from the network share)

IgorSIgorS Posts: 2 New member
I'm using the account with Domain Admin rights to run SQL Backup Agent. The backup jobs write a local copy then copy backup file to the network share. No access issues writing to the network share. However when I try to restore backup from the network copy I'm getting "Cannot access resource...". SQL Backup File Browser cannot access any file share regardless of share/folder permissions. It does show the file servers I'm adding though. Even a folder (Full access to everyone) and shared it with 'Everyone' full access cannot be accessed.
It seems the File Browser can only access ALL files on the servers that run Redgate SQL Backup Agent, but not the network shares on Windows or NAS servers. Need help to make it work. Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    IgorSIgorS Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Mac,
    Thank you for your response. I was confused at first on where to make the registry changes (on actual SQL server or the workstation/server where I manage backups from), but since the 'jumping' point for accessing the share from the RG console is SQL server I have created the BrowsingUserList value in the Registry on that server. The share browsing is working now.
    Fortunately it wasn't production server. Otherwise changing the registry would lead to the scrutiny from our security and SOX teams.
    Igor