Options

anjaaja14

anjaaja14anjaaja14 Posts: 1 New member
edited March 25, 2019 1:29PM in General Forum
As a license admin I can manage our redgate user lincenses - that works as expected. Now I have to remove another license admin who has left the company, but I found no way to do that. I can invite new admins, but not remove old ones.
Please advice.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi! 

To remove another Administrator you would need to be an Owner of the license. 

If your unsure who the Owner of your license is, I'll open a support ticket and we'll help you find out! 

If you would like to request to become an Owner of the license you can do this following the steps below:
    • Sign in to the Customer Portal > My Products

• On the Right-hand side click 'Add existing licenses'

• Enter the serial number for the license they wish to become the owner of > Send

An email will now be sent to any pre-existing owners of that license asking them to accept or reject the request. Only one person needs to respond to the request, it doesn't matter which owner this is. As soon as the request has been responded to you will also become owners of the license.

In some instances, the existing owner may have left the company or could just be on extended leave. When this is the case, if there are no other pre-existing owners to accept your request, the request will pend for 10 days. After this time it will automatically accept.

Any owner can log into the customer portal, go to > My Products > find a license> Manage > Owners and then click Remove next to any owner email address that is no longer relevant.

I hope this helps you manage your licenses!

Kind regards

Robyn Edwards | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Only an Owner of the license will be able to remove Administrators. I will raise a ticket for you and we can help you find who your license owner is so that the Administrator can be removed. 
    Kind regards

Robyn Edwards | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?