Intellisense not working well in SQL Prompt is 9.4.13.8478

AkazunguAkazungu Posts: 2 Bronze 1
edited March 18, 2019 8:04PM in SQL Prompt
Since my update to SQL Prompt 9.4.13.8478 last week, I've found intellisense to be quite unstable. Sometimes I have to shut down SSMS and restart 2-3 times to get it working.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for contacting Redgate support.

Could you explain what exactly is unstable and if certain actions trigger it (suggestions loading, working with large files, etc.)

Also could you please try the following steps:

• Disable Code Analysis function (SQL Prompt -> uncheck “Enable Code Analysis” and test again; if the problem disappears, it suggests that "Code Analysis" is the culprit.
    • Disable the built-in intellisense under Options->Text Editor->Transact-SQL->Intellisense.
    • Go to SQL Prompt>Options, click on Export to save your settings, and then try a "Restore all defaults".
    • Disable the auto-refresh experimental feature (SQL Prompt ->Options->Labs-> Experimental features).
    • If your SSMS version is below 17.3, you can raise the amount of RAM available for SSMS by using the Large Address Aware utility on ssms.exe.
    If the issue persists please could you send us the Verbose log files for further investigation?

Thanks,
    Pejman
  • AkazunguAkazungu Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Thanks for the follow-up Pejman. I contacted support and they sent me an ftp link to the previous build. I re-installed SQLPrompt_9.4.12.8426 and it's working find now. I will just skip the 9.4.13 build.