Options

Problem Installing Server Components

I'm using SQL Backup 9.2 to attempt a server component on a SQL 2016 server. When entering the account info, I'm using the same account for both the Windows  component install and the SQL Backup Agent Service login. The account is an administrator on the machine and a sysadmin under SQL Server and has Login as Service rights. However, when it runs, it validates the account for part 1, but says "Username or password incorrect" for the second. How can the same account be both valid and invalid? I can't figure out why it doesn't work. I've tried other accounts with the same result. What am I missing?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Dan BDan B Posts: 287 Gold 5
    Hi gbronzer,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forums. 

The two validations are attempting to log in to different things. Specifically, part 1 is logging into windows to ensure the service can be installed and part 2 is using the credentials provided to log in to SQL Server.

Is the SQL backup UI installed on a separate machine to the SQL 2016 server? If so it might be worth trying to run the installer locally by copying the SQBServerSetup.exe out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 9 and onto the SQL machine. 

Then launch and run through this to see if this works. Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers